Millennial Esports’ World’s Fastest Gamer wins AVA Digital Platinum Award
GlobeNewswire • February 6, 2018
TORONTO, Feb. 06, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Millennial Esports Corp. ("Millennial" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:GAME) today congratulated CMO Darren Cox and the team at Millennial’s IDEAS + CARS for winning a coveted AVA Digital Platinum Award. The award cements Millennial’s position at the forefront of the biggest story in motorsport right now: virtual racing.
“Coming hot on the heels of our purchase of Eden Games, this award offers proof that Millennial Esports is poised to be a major player in Esports racing in 2018,” said Alex Igelman, CEO, Millennial Esports. “We offer our congratulations to Darren Cox and his team at IDEAS + CARS as well as our partners at McLaren who made World’s Fastest Gamer possible.”
World’s Fastest Gamer - a collaboration between McLaren and Millennial Esports’ subsidiary IDEAS+CARS - pit over 30,000 entrants around the world across multiple racing platforms as they battled it out to become the ultimate ‘champion of champions’. Winner Rudy Van Buren is now an official simulator driver for McLaren’s F1 team.
“Our team at IDEAS+CARS is very proud to have obtained this first award under the ownership of Millennial Esports,” said Darren Cox, the founder of IDEAS+CARS and virtual motorsport’s famous GT Academy. “This adds to our numerous previous awards including two Cannes Lions and Autosport Innovation awards. I’m sure this won’t be the last as we continue to push the boundaries of Esports.”
The AVA Digital Awards are currently announcing the winners from the 2,500 global entries into this year’s competition. AVA Digital Awards is an international competition which recognizes excellence by creative professionals responsible for the planning, concept, direction, design and production of digital communication, from digital engagement campaigns, audio and video production, to website development and social media interaction, to mobile marketing.
Fellow AVA Digital Platinum award winners in 2018 include Arizona Cardinals, Disney Consumer Products, Hilton, Intercontinental Hotels Group, MRM/McCann, Sony Music Entertainment and UEFA.
Millennial Esports Corp.:
Millennial Esports Corp. is a mobile video game publisher focused on Esports and Racing. The company also provides turnkey global solutions that cover gaming technology and studios, event management, research and analytics, content production, and broadcasting, through its various subsidiaries.
- Eden Games is owned by Millennial Esports Corp. and is an innovative French video game publisher that took the mobile gaming world by storm with the release of Gear.Club, an immensely popular racing game that has been downloaded more than 6.5 million times. Gear.Club Unlimited was recently made available as the first realistic racing game on the Nintendo Switch.
- IDEAS+CARS, based out of Motorsport Valley, UK, provides industry leading knowledge and intellectual property in the burgeoning and increasingly lucrative Esports racing genre. Founded by Darren Cox in 2015, and acquired by Millennial Esports Corp. in 2017, IDEAS+CARS works with high-profile brands and rights holders in the automotive and motorsport worlds, including Aston Martin, Formula E, Moto GP and Silverstone Circuits.
- MillennialEsports.gg is the premier operator of tournaments and building communities by and for gamers.
- O’Gaming TV, based in Paris and a part of Alt Tab Productions, is an Esports video content production and events company, and a major player in live French-language Esports streaming.
- thE Arena at Neonopolis is Las Vegas’s first permanent Esports venue. The 15,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility accommodates more than 1000 people in comfort and provides technical services including facilities, expertise, and manpower for clients such as EA, Amazon, and Microsoft.
- Stream Hatchet, operating out of Barcelona, Spain, offers complete Esports data analytics solutions. The company focuses on providing actionable intelligence in a format that is easy to understand at a glance.
“Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release."
Director, Communication Strategy
CEO and Director